We are aware of various, ongoing issues associated with Thames Water in our Parish. We also recognise the inconvenience that these issues are causing for current and future residents. This page will provide the latest information we have from Thames Water about these issues.
Nursery and Plant Centre
Thames Water has confirmed with the Parish Council (30 Jan 2023) that there is no issue regarding waste water capacity at this site. This was confirmed in a letter to West Oxfordshire District Council in July 2020.
However, there have been difficulties in establishing a water supply to the development within an acceptable timeframe. This is due to the challenges of crossing the A40, due in part to existing obstructions and ongoing works in the area where the main pipe was going to be laid.
Following discussions with Oxfordshire County Council, Thames Water has now obtained an approved permit to commence the works and it is anticipated that this will take place as follows:
1. 22 Jan 2023 - complete the diversion of the existing water main
2. 23-27 Jan 2023 - install new 125mm water main across the A40 to Cuckoo Lane (approx. 50m north of the A40)
3. 6-10 Feb 2023 - pressure test, chlorinate and sample new water main
4. 13-17 Feb 2023 - sample in bacteriological analysis at Thames Water’s laboratories
5. 20-25 Feb 2023 - final connection into Thames Water’s clean water network, delivering new connection to the development
Thames Water noted that works should proceed as listed above provided:
• they don't experience ‘an event’ on the surrounding clean water network e.g. a burst clean water main
• a third party (e.g. from the existing road ‘owner’/Highway Authority, Emergency Services etc.) doesn't inhibit progress