You might think that we've not been meeting at the moment, but the Carnival Committee has been meeting via zoom monthly to monitor the situation and assess our chances of holding the Carnival in some form this year.
This week however we agreed that the usual Carnival date of 1st Saturday in July (3rd July 2021) is too early in the 'Road Map' back to normality and therefore is not feasible this year. This was not an easy decision and one we hoped we wouldn’t have to make.
Also as a small community event of limited resources, we are unable to risk the costs involved by us and supporters of Carnival should large gatherings not be permitted still.
We still hope to help organise something for and with the community later on in the year, in tandem with Eynsham Shirt Race, whether that's Carnival in a different form or something else altogether...
We hope that all of you will understand our decision and get behind us. The Shirt Race Committee will be meeting soon to discuss how they can keep the hope going too so keep an eye on their Facebook page and ours for further updates.
We can't wait to hold Carnival again in all its glory, and we wanted to let you know we are still here and impatient to be back!