1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To receive Declarations of Interest in agenda items.
To receive any disclosable declarations of interest from Members in relation to any items to be considered at the meeting in accordance with the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(a) To approve and sign as a true record the minutes of the Finance & General Purposes Committee meeting of 23 May 2023.
(b) To approve and sign as a true record the minutes of the Amenities & Estates Committee meeting of 11 July 2023.
(c) To approve and sign as a true record the minutes of the Planning Committee meeting minutes of 25 July 2023.
(d) To approve and sign as a true record the minutes of the Traffic Committee meeting minutes of 25 July 2023.
(e) To approve and sign as a true record the minutes of the Extra Traffic Committee meeting minutes of 15 August 2023.
(f) To approve and sign as a true record the minutes of the Planning Committee meeting minutes of 29 August 2023 and consider the recommendation contained therein.
4. Public Participation
To receive submissions from members of the public for a period of 15 minutes. Members of the public may make representations on any matters, for no more than 5 minutes each in accordance with Standing Orders para 3. The meeting will adjourn for this item.
5. To receive an update report from Eynsham’s West Oxfordshire District Councillors and Oxfordshire County Councillor.
To receive a short verbal update from Eynsham’s District and County Councillors. The meeting will adjourn for this item.
6. Witney Woodland Volunteers
To welcome the Witney Woodland Volunteers to learn about the group and how the Council may work with them in the future.
7. Winter preparedness
To consider whether Oxfordshire County Council’s salt bags/bins are required and agree actions.
8. Council welcome letter
To consider drafting a letter (template) to be sent to all new residents in the Parish.
(a) To approve payment of accounts.2023-09-19_9a_Schedule of Payments
(b) To approve bank reconciliation.
(c) To review the income and expenditure for the year to date.2023-09-19_9c_Detailed Income & Expenditure
(d) Consider Utility Aid quotes for gas and electricity supplies at the Pavilion.
10. Parish Council Insurance declaration
Following recent issues at another Council, members are asked to review and note the Council’s current insurance policy wording and contact the Clerk separately if any of the following provisions apply to them:-
· been subject to any County Court Judgements
· had any insurer decline, cancel or refuse to renew insurance
· been convicted/charged/cautioned in respect of any criminal offence
· ever been prosecuted for failure to comply with any Health and Safety or Welfare or Environmental Protection legislation
· been declared bankrupt or disqualified from being a company director or involved in any company that went into receivership, liquidation or administration
11. To receive a project update and consider priorities.
12. To review the Dashboard Report.
To review the Dashboard Report. Officers to provide further information on projects/tasks if requested.
13. To receive reports from Councillors representing the Council on outside bodies/meetings.
To receive short verbal updates from Councillors who were assigned as representatives on outside bodies/meetings at the previous Annual Parish Council Meeting.
14. To note the dates of the next Parish Council meetings at the Village Hall
(a) Traffic Working Group meeting – 26 September 2023 at 6.45pm
(b) Planning Committee meeting – 26 September 2023 at 7.45pm
(c) Finance & General Purposes Committee meeting – 10 October 2023 at 7.45pm
(d) Full Council meeting – 17 October 2023 at 7.30pm.
EXCLUSION OF THE PUBLIC AND PRESS: At the conclusion of this part of the agenda, the Chairman will move that, considering the confidential nature of the business to be discussed, the public, press and broadcast media be excluded for the remainder of the meeting in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
15. Burial Ground
To receive a verbal update report from the Clerk and agree next actions.
16. Human Resources
To note completion of the Responsible Financial Officer’s end of probation period appraisal and confirm appointment.