Maps & WalksLocal Covid ResponseEynsham HeritageEynsham Image Archive

covering all of the present parish and part of Freeland also

Ancient Parish

Ancient Parish (1 May 1930)

Thanks to Robin Mitchell for providing this image from the records of Eynsham Consolidated Charity.

‘The ancient parish (of Eynsham) was bounded on the south-east by the Thames, on much of the south by the Limb brook, on the west by an ancient track called Wood Lane, on the north chiefly by the Witney-Woodstock road...’ More at British History Online

Freeland was transferred from the civil parish of Eynsham to that of Hanborough in 1932; and it was made a separate civil parish in 1951. More at British History Online

Maps & WalksLocal Covid ResponseEynsham HeritageEynsham Image Archive