Bartholomew Players present: "And Then There Were None" by Agatha Christie-
Ten strangers, each hiding a dark secret, are summoned to an unknown house on the uninhabited, totally isolated, “Soldier Island” by an unknown U.N.Owen. During their first evening, a recorded message accuses each of them of a heinous crime. One by one, they begin to die, rather alarmingly, according to the fate described in a well-known rhyme posted on the wall of their bedrooms. One amongst the ten must be the killer. But who is it?
Director Denise Santilli, says “Agatha Christie wrote this best selling crime novel of all time in 1943, creating such an effective plot, that at every step the audience suspects every other individual as the killer. Christie was pleased with the book which was very well received upon publication, and dramatised it herself because she relished the challenge. I have also relished the challenge of “killing off” 10 actors each night, only to have them reappear, thankfully intact, the following night!”
Some people may not realise that Agatha Christie was a local resident in Oxfordshire - she and her husband lived in Winterbrook House, Wallingford where she was also President of the Sinodun Players from 1950-1975. She is buried beside her husband in the churchyard of St Mary’s Cholsey, having died in 1976.
We are therefore delighted to announce that Judy Dewey, Curator of The Agatha Christie museum in Wallingford and a Christie expert, will give a pre-show talk entitled 'Agatha Christie - her life and local connections' on Wednesday 15- May from 6-7pm. Tickets are £5, available as detailed below.
As usual, we are partnering with a local Charity for our Supper Show, The Windrush Bike Project of Witney, who enable disadvantaged people to participate in cycling and develop bike maintenance skills. They will assist us in organising the evening in return for a share of the profits. We look forward to seeing you!
- Venue: Eynsham Village Hall, Back Lane, Eynsham, OX29 4QW
- Dates: Wed 15, Thurs 16, Fri 17 and Sat 18 May 2019
- Performance Tickets - for Wed, Thurs and Saturday nights
- Doors open: 7.00pm, Performance: 7.30pm
- Price: £10.00 (concessions £9.00)
- Pre-show talk Weds 15 May:Tickets £5
- Available: in advance from Denise Santilli, 07721 744020, email@example.com, online from www.ticketsource.co.uk/bartholomewplayers, from Evenlode DIY in Eynsham or on the door
Tickets for FRIDAY 17 May - must be purchased in advance by 13 May
- Doors open:6.10pm, 2-course supper served: 6.30-7.30pm, Performance: 7.30pm
- Advance Tickets only: £20.00
- Available:in advance from Denise Santilli, 07721 744020, firstname.lastname@example.org (not available online)